Over the course of your first month, you should begin to get settled into your role, learn more advanced knowledge about your position and the University and demonstrate your value by beginning to contribute to your department. Your New Employee Guide contains the tasks you should complete during your first month. Refer to the “Your First Month” section and check off the tasks as you complete each one!
Documents Referred to in Your New Employee Guide…
Following are links to some of the documents referenced in your New Employee Guide:
- Department Descriptions
- Employee Services
- Employee Discounts (Calumet)
- Employee Discounts (WL)
- PUC Strategic Plan (2008-2014) (PDF)
- PUC Core Elements of the Personnel Evaluation Process (PDF)
- Sample Personnel Evaluation Template (DOC)
- Rewards and Recognition Opportunities
Please note: in order to view some of these documents, you may need to download and install free document viewer plugins. You will find the links to those plugins in the navigation on the right of each page on this site.
All of the tasks you are to complete can be found in your employee guide, but there are few that we want to highlight because they are time sensitive:
- Be certain you have scheduled an appointment with Human Resources within your first 31 days of employment to make your benefit selections. If you do NOT, your medical benefit selections will DEFAULT to no medical coverage!!
- Receive an invitation via campus mail from your Vice Chancellor to attend New Employee Orientation. Confirm your attendance and make your lunch selections.
Continue to Beyond Your First Month