Your orientation and learning does not end after the first month! Continue your new hire experience — Tasks that you should complete beyond your first month can be found in your New Employee Guide. Please refer to the section “The Near Future” and check off the tasks as you complete each one.
New Employee Orientation
You will attend New Employee Orientation within your first two months. At that orientation you will receive a packet of information. Most of the content in that packet can be accessed via the links below:
- New Employee Orientation PowerPoint Presentation (please contact Human Resources, Ext. 2251)
- Strategic Plan 2013-2018 (including Mission, Vision and Values Statements)
- Fee Remission Forms
- Fostering Respect Creating Community Handbook (available only in print)
- Equal Opportunity Policies
- Procedure for Resolving Complaints of Discrimination and Harrassment
- Amorous Relationships
- Grievance Policy
- Gifts and Giving
- The Bridge Newsletter
- Emergency Preparedness Guide
Please note: in order to view some of these documents and forms, you may need to download and install free document viewer plugins. You will find the links to those plugins in the navigation on the right of each page on this site.
Time Sensitive Tasks!
All of the tasks you are to complete can be found in your employee guide, but there are few that we want to highlight because they are time sensitive:
- Receive and review your benefit enrollment confirmation. Make certain your confirmation is correct. Follow instructions on the confirmation if there are errors.
- Receive your medical and pharmacy membership cards (and any other applicable voluntary benefit enrollment member information). If you do not receive these, contact Human Resources)
- If you are a clerical or service employee, you should receive a performance evaluation before your 90 day provisional period has ended. If this performance evaluation has not taken place and you are approaching your 90 day mark, please contact your supervisor or Human Resources.
After your first month, if you have not already done so you should:
- Register to attend ALL the modules in the Supervise for Success program (there are ten modules).
- Participate in ALL your OnePurdue training. (online and classroom based)
- Participate in Advanced Safety Training (if your position requires it, your supervisor will make arrangements for this)
- Tell Us How We are Doing — Complete the New Employee Survey of your orientation period experiences.
Questions related to the content on this page may be directed to email@example.com