Starts Monday, October 28 and ends at 5:00 pm CST on Friday, November 15, 2013
Will I receive an Enrollment Guide?
Yes. Enrollment Guides are scheduled to be delivered to your offices early part of next week.
Will Human Resources be offering Walk-In Open Labs during Open Enrollment?
Yes. HR staff will be available to assist you during the dates and times found here. NO REGISTRATION is required!
What happens if I don’t enroll for 2014 Benefits by the ending date?
ALL benefit-eligible employees MUST enroll by the cutoff time! Even those those who are currently opted out of Purdue medical insurance! If the employee does not complete the enrollment process, they will automatically be enrolled in the Purdue High Deductible Health Plan – HSA2 at tobacco-user premiums, with no HSA contributions from Purdue or employee. Employees will not be able to pick up HSA during 2014. Additionally, if you don’t enroll:
- The employee may be able to open an HSA through a financial institution, but will not be able to open an HSA through Purdue in 2014.
- Eligible family members the employee currently covers on a Purdue medical plan will be enrolled automatically in the Purdue Health Plan Plus HSA 2 for 2014.
- The employee and any covered spouse/same-sex domestic partner (SSDP) will be charged the $500 per person annual tobacco-user additional premium.
- The employee will be charged tobacco-user rates on any additional employee term life insurance the employee carries.
- The employee will have no contributions to a flexible spending account (including health care and limited purpose FSAs).
I missed Human Resources’ presentation on 2014 Benefits and HSA eligibility – will there be additional Overview Sessions?
Recorded presentations on 2014 Benefits and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) can be found on the Benefits webpage or by clicking
Where can I find additional information on 2014 Benefits?
Purdue Calumet’s Benefits webpage http://webs.purduecal.edu/hr/benefits-2/
2014 Medical Plans Comparison http://www.purdue.edu/hr/Benefits/Medical/2014planCoverage.html
2014 Medical Plan Premiums http://www.purdue.edu/hr/Benefits/Medical/2014proposedPremiums.html
Heath Savings Account Eligibility https://www2.itap.purdue.edu/bs/HRCalculators/HSAGuides/HSAGuides.html
Truven Informed Enrollment Tool This online tool pulls 2012 and 2013 medical and prescription claims to determine how you the employee will fare under each of the 2014 medical plan options. Access the Purdue University Employee Portal (not OnePurdue portal) at www.purdue.edu/employeeportal ; click the eBenefits link and log on using your Purdue career account and password)
Castlight This tool allows you to shop for medical services by cost and quality http://www.purdue.edu/hr/Benefits/castlight.html