Welcome to Purdue University Calumet Benefits Services
Purdue University Calumet considers the health and well-being of employees to be one of its highest priorities. We are pleased to offer an array of benefits designed to meet the needs of today’s changing workforce.
To View YOUR current benefits Online on Ebenefits:
- If you are accessing the EBenefits Web site for the first time, you will need to click on the “I am a first time visitor” box.
- Choose the “Click Here to Register” button.
- In the “Welcome New User!” box, enter the three pieces of information requested (Purdue University ID, date of birth and last name), and then click the “Next” button.
- Click on the “User Profile” tab.
- Enter a username, password and secret question and answer. You will use this username and password when logging into the system in the future.
- Click the “Save and Continue” button
- 2014 Medical Plans
- Recorded Presentations on 2014 Benefits and Health Savings Accounts (HSA’s)
- Truven Informed Enrollment tool - employees can get an estimate of their total cash outlay under 2014 Medical plans. (visit the Ebenefits website to access Truven; see instructions on top of page)
- Castlight Health tool – find high quality and affordable doctors (visit the Ebenefits website to access Castlight; see instructions on top of page)
- HSA Interactive Guide – to see if you qualify for a Health Savings Account (visit the Ebenefits website to access the HSA Interactive Guide; see instructions on top of page)
- 2013 Medical Plans
- Purdue Choice Fund Plan with Health Savings Account
- Purdue Choice Fund Plan Summary (PDF)
- Purdue Incentive Plan Summary (PDF)
- Purdue CoPay Plan Summary (PDF)
- Premiums for 2013 Medical Plans (excluding $500 additional premium for tobacco user)
2013 Tiered Lab Benefits:
The Incentive Plan and Copay Plan have a tiered lab benefit.
Tier 1 labs: The medical plans will pay 100 percent for services at sites indicated on the websites below. PLEASE click on the names below to confirm that the lab you are visiting is a Tier 1 Lab!!
- PCL Alverno Labs, 800-937-5521
- Quest, 800-377-7220
- LabCorp, 888-522-2677
- Mid America (scroll to bottom of screen), 877-803-1010
- Purdue University Student Health Center (PUSH), 49-41596
- State Street Office Facility, 49-41872
Tier 2 labs:The medical plans will pay 70 percent for services at a Tier 2 lab.
- All in-network labs that are not in Tier 1 are considered Tier 2 labs.
Tier 3 labs: The medical plans will pay 50 percent for services at a Tier 3 lab.
- All out-of-network labs are Tier 3 labs.
- No deductible applies to lab services.
Additional Tier 1 Labs near Purdue Calumet (Excel) are located in Cook County, Illinois as well as LaPorte, Lake, Porter, and St. Joseph Counties in Indiana.
***************To search for a Doctor, Facility or Medical Procedure:
- if you are a current employee, please visit www.mycigna.com and use the Open Access Plus network
- if you are currently not enrolled (new hire), please visit www.cigna.com and use the Open Access Plus network
***************Shop for medical services by affordable costs and high quality by visiting Castlight
Flexible Spending Accounts (Administered by PayFlex)
To view your FSA account balances, status of reimbursements, etc., please visit the PayFlex website
To learn more about Flexible Spending Accounts, please visit Purdue’s webpages below:
If you would like to print an ID card, visit Delta Dental of Indiana (Delta’s website)
- Select “Consumer Tool Kit” found on the upper left hand side
- Register (if this is your first time accessing Delta Dental online) using the last 9 digits of your PUID (drop the first digit of your PUID)
- Click on “Print ID card” on left hand side
Accident Insurance – this insurance helps protect you and your family from the costs of unexpected accidents (Administered by Trustmark)
Auto & Home Insurance – this insurance provides group discounts and the convenience of payroll deduction on automotive and homeowners coverage (Administered by MetLife). This benefit is available anytime during the year.
Critical Illness Insurance – this insurance pays a lump sum benefit if you are diagnosed with a covered critical illness (Administered by Unum)
Legal Services – this coverage provides unlimited access to attorneys. Services rendered are charged discounted rates (Administered by Hyatt Legal)
Long Term Care Insurance - this insurance provides coverage when a covered person needs substantial assistance with two or more “daily living activities”. (Administered by Genworth). This benefit is available anytime during the year.
Universal Life Insurance – life insurance with long-term care benefits (Administered by Trustmark)
Pet Insurance - this insurance covers dogs, cats, birds and exotic pets for health problems and conditions related to accidents, illnesses and injuries.