As we embark on the journey that will be the 2015-16 school year, the Department of Housing and Residential Education would like to share with you (in the following pages) information that will be of use to you this coming year.
All of the information is important, but if you are a returning student, I suggest you make note of the following changes:
- Many policies have been updated, including those that refer to Health and Safety Inspections and Room Cleanliness Standards.
- We have added First Year and Honors Communities.
- We have updated our Fees and Fines.
To our new residents, we welcome you and are excited you have made the choice to live with us. We are sure you will find University Village to be an exciting, fun and academically helpful place to live. Our staff works tirelessly on your behalf, and I encourage you to get to know us. In particular, get to know your Resident Assistant(s) (RA) who lives right there on the floor with you and has many experiences similar to yours as they are all students like you!
Finally, we hope you will take advantage of the many exciting opportunities University Village will offer you this year. Here are just a few examples:
- Welcome Weekend 2015,
- Our Interactive diversity-driven community Thanksgiving dinner,
- Community service opportunities,
- Our Bi-Annual Express Yourself, Respect Yourself program,
- Our end-of-the-semester pancake breakfasts in the Student Union Library,
- Various movie nights throughout each semester, and
- Many different leadership opportunities in the form of staff and student organization positions!
Enjoy your year! Enjoy University Village!
With Peregrine Pride,
Department of Housing and Residential Education