Emergency Phone Numbers
- University Police
Mobile Device: 911 | Campus Telephone: 9-911 (EMERGENCY)
- Hammond City Emergency
- Department of Housing and Residential Education
(Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- University Village Peregrine Service Desk
- University Village Griffin Service Desk
(Daily after 5:00 p.m., during holidays and weekends)
- Purdue University Calumet Information Desk:
Silent Witness Program
Community involvement is the key to any quality Community Oriented Policing Program. Prompt, informative and responsible reporting of criminal incidents and suspicious activity by the community is essential to an effective and efficient response to these incidents. We urge the campus community to contact the University Police if they witness a crime or have been a victim of a crime.
We realize and recognize an individual’s need to remain anonymous. Therefore, you can report criminal incidents and/or suspicious activity anonymously by completing a form on the University Police Web site, or by calling the anonymous hotline at 219-989-2912.
ALERT ME!, PUC’s newly developed text messaging service provides the capability to communicate brief, urgent information /notifications that affect the status of campus operations to students, faculty, staff and the community.
Anyone who wishes to receive ALERT ME! notification can subscribe by completing a form on the ALERT ME! Web site .
Please note — – your cellular provider may charge you for text messages based on your provider-customer agreement. Also, please check with your cellular provider to ensure your phone can receive text messages.
In addition to an initial text message upon subscription and emergency notifications, a test text message will be sent three times a year — at the beginning of each semester — for testing.
For additional information, visit the ALERT ME! Web site Frequently Asked Questions.
Snow and Ice Storm Emergency
The decision to interrupt normal campus operations means either of the following conditions is in effect:
- Classes are Canceled This means that ALL classes scheduled to meet that particular day at both on and off-campus sites have been canceled; but university offices, departments and services remain open. OR
- The University is Closed This means that ALL on and off-campus functions, services, programs and activities are canceled that day. The campus is considered closed to all persons except those assisting in emergency operations. Consequently, all persons except emergency personnel are required to immediately leave the campus. No one will be permitted to return until normal campus operations are resumed.
So that all campus personnel affected can receive the information promptly and accurately, official notification will be handled in the following manner:
- University Home Page
- Radio/TV announcements: WJOB (Hammond, 1230am), WGN (720am), WBBM (780am), WAKE (Valparaiso105.5fm), WZVN (Valparaiso 107fm), WXRD (Valparaiso 103.9fm) and all local Chicago television stations (Channels 2, 5, 7 and 9);
- Information Center: Via voice mail message by phoning extension 2400;
- Automated Emergency Phone Call System: This system will notify regular employees and critical contract operations employees at their home or campus;
- University E-Mail System: Message will be sent general distribution to all employees and students with Purdue University Calumet email accounts;
- Electronic Message Boards: Message will be posted to all;
Suspension/closing of the campus DURING the normal campus day (after 7:30AM) will be communicated by the various emergency notification systems;
Notification to “Resume” normal campus operations will be made by all of the above methods except Radio/TV (Radio/TV typically do not make these type of announcements).
Important Phone Numbers
|Department / Office||Phone Number|
|Campus Life & Student Activities||989-2369|
|Chancellor, Office of the||989-2204|
|Computer Lab (Main)||989-2305|
|Dean Of Students||989-4141|
|Dining Services (Chartwells)||989-2629|
|Financial Aid & Student Accounts||989-2301|
|Help Desk (Computers)||989-2888 (option 2)|
|Housing and Residential Education, Department of||989-4150|
|Information Desk (University)||989-2040|
|International Programs Office||989-2502|
|International Student Services||989-2082|
|New Student Orientation||989-2369|
|University Police and Safety (Non-Emergency)||989-2220|
|University Police and Safety (Emergency)||Mobile Device: 911
Campus Telephone: 9-911
|Hammond Police Department||9-911|
|Student Accounts (Financial Aid)||989-2301|
|Student Affairs, Office of||989-2367|
|Student Health Services Center||989-1235|
|Student Government Association||989-2394|
|Student Support Services||989-2727|
|University Village Peregrine Service Desk||989-8322|
|University Village Griffin Service Desk||989-4192|