- This form is to be used if you have been assessed a housing damage charge or housing fee.
- If you wish to be released from your contract, you will need to complete a housing contract release petition form. Please do not use this form for contract releases.
- In the reason/justification field, list the charges you are contesting and why you feel you are not responsible.
- Appeals are reviewed by the Assigments Coordinator and/or the Assistant Director.
- If you are not responsible for damages within your apartment, the responsible party would need to come forward and accept responsibility before you can be found not responsible.
- We ask that you allow at least four (4) weeks for an Appeals decision to be made.
- Any student may appeal their housing charges up to six (6) months from the date the charge was posted to their student account.
Housing Charges Appeal
Housing and Residential Education
2440 173rd Street
Hammond, IN 46323-2094
1-800 HI-PURDUE, x.4150
Locally within Indiana & Illinois