Founders Plaza

Founders Plaza Pavers

During the 50th Anniversary Celebration, Purdue Calumet began taking its learning environment another giant step forward. The plaza honors the founders of Purdue Calumet.

If you haven’t stopped by the campus lately, consider visiting Founders Plaza today. The plaza is filled with trees, shrubs, native grasses, and perennials. All year, students utilize the expanded outdoor seating areas for studying and socializing in the midst of the beautiful steel bird sculptures. Each new season brings a new array of colors and textures.

Engraved pavers, reddish-gray with glossy black letters, are being added at least twice a year. They are located in the center of the plaza just south of the Gyte Building and on the north and south side of the Student Union and Library Building.

Your Legacy

A donation of $100 for a 4″x4″ paver or $175 for an 8″x8″ paver entitles you to have your name, company name, or name of a loved one engraved permanently in Founders Plaza.

The acceptable wording besides the name of a company, individual or organization is “In Memory of,” “In Honor of,” or “Class of” and graduation year. The pavers accomodate 12 characters (positions) per line and 3 lines for 4″x4″ pavers and 6 lines for 8″x8″ pavers.

Contact the Office of Advancement at (219) 989-2323 to learn more. Checks should be made payable to Purdue Calumet. VISA, MasterCard and Discover are also accepted.

Pavers Make Great Gifts

Pavers may be given as gifts for graduation, birthdays, anniversaries or in memory of a friend or loved one. If you indicate that the paver is being purchased as a gift, Purdue Calumet’s Office of Advancement will send a special acknowledgement card to the recipient. 

Your Gift is Tax Deductible

Indiana taxpayers may take half your gift to Purdue Calumet, up to a maximum gift of $400 if filing a joint return or $200 if filing an individual return, as a tax credit. The tax credit directly reduces the “bottom line” of your Indiana state income tax, either reducing the amount you owe in taxes or increasing the refund you receive. Contact your tax accountant for more information.