- Instructor takes students to Fermilab to tour the facilities and meet the physicists.
- Students gain exposure to lab facilities, safety precautions, and research protocols.
- Faculty member mentors students on continuing their education in the sciences.
- Student gained rare opportunity to travel to the European Organization for Nuclear Research-CERN.
- Students are assigned a client – a real business owner.
- Client identifies concerns, which may include marketing, sales, expanding product lines, or human resource issues, and students investigate and find solutions.
- Students research issues and provide business solutions.
- Students gain consulting skills, and apply business concepts.
Computer Graphics Technology
- Students created logo for Schererville Municipal Park.
- Students work in teams to respond to client needs.
- Students receive feedback on graphics from client
- Students gain valuable referrals and networking opportunities.
- One -half of the enrollees in History of Indiana course are International Students
- Students tour historical sites in the State of Indiana.
- Reflection papers, discussion boards, and networking help students to appreciate the history and culture of the State of Indiana.
- Students present findings at History Day Conference.
Hospitality & Tourism Management
- HTM students take high-end cruise where they observe top service standards and gain understanding of different cultures
- Students use reflection and social media to discuss their experiences and participation.
- Assignments include a formal dinner where students learn proper etiquette.
- Students discuss their participation as part of the annual student convocation.
Consumer Development & Family Science
- Students take day trip to Riley Child Development Center in Indianapolis.
- Students observe children and families in counseling sessions.
- Students learn a multi-disciplinary and medical model approach to human development.
- Observing theories in practice is a transformational experience for students.