Plan of Study:
Adapting to the growing need for trained engineering technologists within the high speed packaging industry is the emphasis of the bachelor’s degree program in Mechatronics Engineering Technology. The program combines mechanical design, manufacturing and electrical control within a foundational context of packaging machinery. The degree is also very valuable in other industrial areas as well, such as the automotive industry. Students in this program benefit from internships offered by local packaging industries and are very mobile with career opportunities available nationwide
The following are the Program Educational Objectives for the Baccalaureate degree in Mechatronics Engineering Technology (MTB):
Program Educational Objective 1:
- The program will produce graduates that are prepared for successful careers in the area associated with the analysis, applied design, development, implementation, and oversight of advanced mechatronics systems.
Program Educational Objective 2:
- The program will prepare graduates that advance in their careers and continue their professional development.
Program Educational Objective 3:
- The program will prepare graduates that understand the overall human context in which engineering technology activities take place.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechatronics Engineering Technology provides knowledge in:
- Computer Hardware & Electric Circuits
- Manufacturing Processes
- Strength of Materials
- Electrical Power & Machinery
- Process Control
- Machine Elements, Machine Design
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Industrial Programming & Networking
- Dynamics, Mechanism Kinematics
- Fluid Power & Fluid Mechanics
- Power Electronics, Digital Applications
- Heat Transfer
- Computer Numerical Control
- Computer Aided Design & Manufacturing
- Production Design & Specifications
- Technical Services
- Machine Designer
- Packaging Engineer
- Automation Specialist
- Human/Machine Interface (HMI)
- Controls Specialist
- Motion Control Programmer
*Accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.