Plan of Study:
Growing demand for modern and complex industrial machinery, machine tools, robotics, and computer controlled processes require highly qualified technologists for their development, manufacture, use, and support. MET students usually are interested in mechanical activities, and often enjoy working on vehicles and machines.
The following are the Program Educational Objectives for the Baccalaureate degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET):
Program Educational Objective 1:
- The program will prepare graduates that are prepared for successful careers in the areas associated with the fabrication, testing, documentation, operation, sales, maintenance, analysis, applied design, development, implementation, and oversight of mechanical systems.
Program Educational Objective 2:
- The program will prepare graduates who advance in their careers and continue their professional development.
Program Educational Objective 3:
- The program will prepare graduates who understand the overall human context in which engineering technology activities take place.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology provides knowledge in:
- Applied Mechanics: Statics
- Computations & Analysis
- Production Drawing & Computer Aided Design
- Computer Numerical Control Applications
- Applied Fluid Mechanics
- Applied Mechanism Kinematics
- Applied Thermodynamics
- Applied Heat Transfer
- Automation & Instrumentation
- Machine Design
- Applied Strength of Design Materials
- Machine Elements
- Internal Combustion Engines
- Design for X
- Fluid Power
- Manufacturing Processes
- Strength of Materials/Testing
- Career Opportunities:
- Vibration Analyst
- Assistant Project Engineer
- Product Engineer
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) Operator
- Product Design Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Technical Services
*Accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.