The following are the Program Educational Objectives for the Baccalaureate degree in Industrial Engineering Technology (IET):
Program Educational Objective 1:
- The program will prepare graduates that are prepared for career fields in the areas associated with the development, implementation, and improvement of integrated systems that include people, materials, information, equipment, and energy by exposure to specialty topics emerging from quality and/or manufacturing practices.
Program Educational Objective 2:
- The program will prepare graduates that advance in their careers and continue their professional development.
Program Educational Objective 3:
- The program will prepare graduates that understand the overall human context in which engineering technology activities take place.
Increased sophistication in technology and management systems is fueling the need for graduates with capabilities in both technology and business. IET students are usually interested in people and the environments in which they work. They are very practical and logical and often prefer a hands-on method of learning over the theoretical method. Increased job openings will occur for graduates as automation and modernization continue to be applied in business and industry. This program prepares students for problem solving and decision making tasks required in management and technological positions.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial Engineering Technology provides knowledge in:
- Production Planning & Control
- Lean Work Design
- Job Evaluation
- Project Management & Economic Analysis
- Plant Layout & Material Handling
- Statistical Process Control
- Quality Management
- Lean & Six Sigma Methodologies
- Production Cost Analysis
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
- Supply Chain Management
- Process Simulation
- Career Opportunities:
- Industrial Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Process Engineer
- Quality Engineer
- Quality Manager
- Plant Manager
- Business Unit Manager
- Quality Technician
- Quality Auditor
- Research & Development Technician
- Plant Scheduler
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Lean Leader
- Healthcare Management Engineer
Plan of Study:
*Accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.