Plan of Study:
Given the sophistication dictated by the emerging technologies within the vast field of electrical & electronics engineering, the B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering Technology is designed to give graduates a strong background to help them enter the job market and be productive in society. Graduates of the program are readily employable because of their theoretical and practical skills in each technical subject and their extensive hands-on laboratory training.
The following are the Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s) for the Baccalaureate Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology (EET):
Program Educational Objective 1:
- The program will prepare graduates with the technical skills for successful careers in the design, application, installation, manufacturing, testing, documentation, operation, maintenance, analysis, development, implementation, and oversight of electrical/electronic(s) and computer systems.
Program Educational Objective 2:
- The program will prepare graduates to work as effective team members with commanding oral and written communication skills, as well as to advance in their careers and continue their professional development.
Program Educational Objective 3:
- The program will prepare graduates to exercise ethics in their profession and to recognize the global impacts of their profession on society.
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering Technology provides knowledge in:
- Circuits and Network Theory
- Switching Theory (Digital Circuits)
- Analog Electronics
- Embedded System Design
- System Diagnostics
- Microprocessor Based Systems
- Hardware/Software Integration
- Computer Hardware Technology
- Computer Networking
- Process Control
- Computer Aided Electronic Fabrication
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Biomedical Instrumentation
- Digital Signal Processing
- Power and Power Electronics
- IP Telephony
- Wireless Networking
- Computer Hardware/Software Technologists
- Industrial Process Control Instrumentation Technologists
- Power Electronics Technologists
- Telecommunication Technologists
- Computer Networking Specialists
- Electrical Power Technologist
- Biomedical Instrumentation Technologists
*Accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.