Plan of Study:
Given the sophistication dictated by the emerging technologies within the vast field of electrical & electronics engineering, the B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering Technology is designed to give graduates a strong background to help them enter the job market and be productive in society. Graduates of the program are readily employable because of their theoretical and practical skills in each technical subject and their extensive hands-on laboratory training.
The following are the Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s) for the Baccalaureate Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology (EET):
Program Educational Objective 1:
- The program will prepare graduates with the technical skills for successful careers in the design, application, installation, manufacturing, testing, documentation, operation, maintenance, analysis, development, implementation, and oversight of electrical/electronic(s) and computer systems.
Program Educational Objective 2:
- The program will prepare graduates to work as effective team members with commanding oral and written communication skills, as well as to advance in their careers and continue their professional development.
Program Educational Objective 3:
- The program will prepare graduates to exercise ethics in their profession and to recognize the global impacts of their profession on society.
Graduates of the Electrical Engineering Technology program have:
- an appropriate mastery to select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of the discipline of Electrical Engineering Technology;
- an ability to select and apply current knowledge and adapt to emerging applications of mathematics, science, engineering and technology to Electrical Engineering Technology problems that require the application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies;
- an ability to conduct standard tests and measurements; to conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments; and to apply experimental results to improve processes;
- an ability to design systems, components, or processes for broadly-defined Electrical Engineering Technology problems appropriate to program educational objectives;
- an ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team;
- an ability to identify, analyze, and solve broadly-defined Electrical Engineering Technology problems;
- an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and nontechnical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- an understanding of the need for and an ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development;
- an understanding of and a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities including a respect for diversity;
- a knowledge of the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context; and
- a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
- 137 Baccalaureate Degree Students – Fall 2013*
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering Technology provides knowledge in:
- Circuits and Network Theory
- Switching Theory (Digital Circuits)
- Analog Electronics
- Embedded System Design
- System Diagnostics
- Microprocessor Based Systems
- Hardware/Software Integration
- Computer Hardware Technology
- Computer Networking
- Process Control
- Computer Aided Electronic Fabrication
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Biomedical Instrumentation
- Digital Signal Processing
- Power and Power Electronics
- IP Telephony
- Wireless Networking
- Computer Hardware/Software Technologists
- Industrial Process Control Instrumentation Technologists
- Power Electronics Technologists
- Telecommunication Technologists
- Computer Networking Specialists
- Electrical Power Technologist
- Biomedical Instrumentation Technologists
Accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
* Data from Banner Advisor Query 12/19/2013