1. The graduate advisor will conduct a review of all student files each semester.
2. Students earning two grades of “C” or less in a single semester will be dropped from the graduate program in English.
3. The following process will be followed if regularly admitted students in good standing earn a grade of “C” or below, and/or have an “I” that is not completed by the end of the twelfth week of the second subsequent semester:
§ The graduate advisor will issue a warning letter to the student.
§ The student will be placed on probation.
§ The student will participate in a review conducted by the graduate committee.
§ A formal report will be submitted to the student, the graduate office, and placed in the student’s file.
4. Students on probation will be dropped from the graduate program in English if they earn a second grade of “C” or below.
5. Students may petition the graduate committee to remove them from probation after they have completed two consecutive terms of graduate coursework in English.
6. After one semester students who have been dropped from the graduate program in English may submit a written statement to the graduate committee petitioning for reinstatement.
7. After reinstatement in the graduate program in English, students who earn a grade of “C” or below, and/or have an “I” not completed by end of the twelfth week of the second subsequent semester will be dropped from the program and will not be reinstated.