Why EMS at Purdue Calumet?
- Purdue University Calumet is located in an ideal place in northwest Indiana. We are approximately 30 miles from downtown Chicago, the third largest metropolitan area in the nation. We are also approximately 30 miles from the Lake Shore National Park and other natural attractions. Northwest Indiana provides the perfect mix of metropolitan, urban, suburban, and rural features all within an hour of the campus.
- The university is committed to experiential learning; a concept that integrates classroom learning with “real world” experience. This includes working on front-line research, design projects with faculty at the university, internships, and focused opportunities at local industries such as Arcelor-Mittal and Sherwin Williams.
- Engineering, Mathematics, and Science faculty involve undergraduate and graduate students in their research. This includes projects such as data analysis for the Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope, development of 3-D virtual environments for studying chemical and biological processes, creation of smart technologies for more efficient energy usage, analysis and removal of water pollutants in the Lake Michigan watershed, and environmental studies involving plant species at the Indiana Dunes, among others.
- PUC houses one of the nation’s leading groups supporting improving steel production within its engineering departments. Our faculty is recognized around the world for their expertise. Students at all levels have access to this distinguished group as both teachers and research mentors.
- Many of the programs within Engineering, Mathematics, and Sciences at Purdue University Calumet, such as computer science and biotechnology, are the only ones of their kind in the region. Our programs are often ranked in the top 100 for institutions our size across the nation.
- Learn more by contacting us at EMS@purduecal.edu