In the event of a personal injury or serious illness the following procedure is to be followed:
- Do not move a seriously injured or ill person unless the person is in life-threatening situation (i.e. falling debris, fire, explosion).
- Someone should stay with the injured or ill person, if possible. Keep the victim calm and comfortable as possible. Administer CPR & AED if the situation calls for it and you are qualified.
- If you believe an ambulance is needed, dial 9-911 or 911 from a cell phone.
Be prepared to provide the following information:
- The nature of the injury or illness
- Location of the injured or ill party
- The telephone number you are calling from
- Any other vital information requested
- Call the University Police at ext. 2911 and notify them of the Incident. All medical emergencies require a university medical report and the University Police prepare these reports.
- Return to the victim and remain with them until EMS personnel arrive.
- Transportation to a medical facility is to be provided ONLY by an ambulance or private person of the victim’s choice. University Police can not transport for medical reasons.
- In the event an ambulance is not required at the scene or is refused by the victim, a university staff person should assist in arranging transportation.