In the event of a hazardous chemical, biological, and/or radioactive release:
- Evacuate the area immediately.
- Call the University Police immediately at 219/989-2911. If you are at the Academic Learning Center call ext. 911.
Be prepared to give the following information:
- Room number
- Type of incident
- Chemical(s), biological substance or radioactive material involved
- Estimated volume of material involved
- If advised, evacuate the building to a safe distance and leave a clear access for emergency personnel. Do not return to the building until instructed to do so by university representative or university police.
- If you come into physical contact with the material, remove any contaminated clothing immediately and flush all areas of body contact with copious amounts of water.
- University Police will notify Hammond Fire Department and Purdue Radiological Environmental Management Department for assistance.
- The Academic Learning Center should notify Merrillville Police.