If you observe a crime or behavior that is suspicious, immediately notify the University Police at ext. 2911. If you are at the Academic Learning Center, notify the Merrillville Police at 911.
Report as much information as possible, including:
- What the person(s) is/are doing;
- Where it is happening;
- Direction of travel, when last observed;
- Type of weapon(s) involved, if any;
- Vehicle description and license number if appropriate;
- Physical and clothing description of those involved
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO APPREHEND THE PERSON(S) INVOLVED.
Stay on the telephone with the police dispatcher and provide additional information until the first police officer