How to Apply – ELP Admissions

STEP 4: Documentation for Student Visa

In order to obtain a student visa for studying in the United States, you must submit the documents listed below. If you are granted admission, they will be required in order for Purdue University Calumet to issue your “Certificate of Eligibility” or I-20. The I-20 is one of the main documents you will need to apply for a student visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate. To learn about how to apply for a student visa, please click here.


Required Documents for I-20:

A. Scan or Photocopy of photo page of your passport (if available)

B. Evidence of financial support:

Original evidence of financial support for the estimated cost of tuition and other expenses incurred during your academic program. Your documents must be original, or true and attested copies, and less than six months old. The minimum amount of financial sponsorship and support that must be shown on these original financial documents is $29,250.00. This is the estimated cost of tuition and fees, room and board, living expenses and miscellaneous costs for one year. Tuition and fees are subject to change.

English Language Program


Fees & Tuition (1 year)


Fall Semester
Spring Semester
+   $7,100.00
Summer Semester
+   $3,550.00
Total per academic year
= $17,750.00


Living Expenses for All International Students


Room and Board
Miscellaneous (Book, Insurance)
+    $2,000.00
Total per academic year
=  $11,500.00


ESTIMATED TOTAL : $ 29,250.00*


Continued on next page…

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Return to the English Language Program Homepage
Return to PUC International Homepage
English Language Program
Classroom Office Bldg, Room 176
2200 169th Street
Hammond, IN 46323-2094

1-800 HI-PURDUE, x.2502
Locally within Indiana & Illinois