Registration for Classroom-Based Courses:
- Each student needs to complete the EDCI 58900/59000 Student Course Request Form provided by Helen Siukola Jancich. Please be sure the form includes the course title (instructor will provide title), course number (EDCI 58900 or 59000), and the CRN (instructor will provide number). Each instructor has this information for the respective courses. Please provide the name(s) of the college/university in the sections indicated on the form. If you have any questions, please call (219) 989-2326.
- Students will pay $864.60 for a 3-hour class, $576.40 for a two-hour class, and $288.20 for a 1-hour class. All checks are made payable to Purdue University Calumet. Due to a new process with West Lafayette, the final registration process takes two weeks. Students paying with a credit card need to contact Virginia Rhodes at (219) 989-2326 to request their PUID number. Once the student receives this number, they need to contact the registrar’s office, (219) 989-2301, with the credit card information. Refund Policy: No refund after class begins.
- Each student will submit a copy of either the transcript or teaching license. Send the completed request (enrollment application) forms, transcripts and/or licenses to:
Purdue University Calumet, Graduate School of Education
Virginia Rhodes, 2200 169th Street, Hammond, IN 46323
- Please be aware that the PUC advisor needs to provide prior authorization if the 59000/59100 course will be used as an elective in the Master’s program course of study. All 58900 and 59000 courses may be used for license renewal without approval from the respective advisor.
- A list of all registered students will be sent to the instructor. The final date to register is November 22, 2013.
- Upon completion of the course, the instructor(s) will send a list of students’ grades to Helen Jancich by December 13, 2013. Grades will not be mailed to the students. Students will need to contact Virginia Rhodes for their PUID number, and access their grades from the PC Start link on the PUC website http://www.purduecal.edu/ after December 26.
Students may contact the Purdue Calumet Registrar’s Office, 219-989-2210, after December 31 to verify fall courses have been posted to official transcripts. At that time, a student can actually request his/her transcript by answering a few questions. The student will then need to come to the Office of the Registrar, Enrollment Service Center, Lawshe 130 to pick up the transcript with a picture id. If the student doesn’t call ahead, they will need to complete a transcript request form at the Registrar’s Office in the Enrollment Service Center, Lawshe 130 after December 31 and wait while the clerk prints their transcript.
They may also Fax a request to West Lafayette, 765-494-0570, requesting a copy of their transcript. The request must include their name, PUID or SS#, signature, and the time of course completion. The student must sign the request for transcripts that is being sent to Lafayette. Without the student’s signature, Lafayette will not mail anything out.
Registration for Online (Independent Study) Courses:
- Go to the following website and fill out the online application: http://webs.purduecal.edu/gradschool/non-degree-seeking-admissions/
Complete this soon to ensure admittance for the semester in which you want to take a course.
- The above link will help you apply as a “NON-Degree – Post-Baccalaureate” student for the Purdue Calumet Campus. DO NOT select “Extension” or “Continuing Education” on your application. For your school/department, choose Education, Curriculum, and Instruction (EDCI).
- Send/bring/fax a copy of bachelor’s transcript or teacher’s license to the PUC office and indicate you are completing the application for an EDCI 58900/59000 course. Our fax number is (219) 989-3215.
- When active in the system, Virginia Rhodes (firstname.lastname@example.org) will register you for the course based upon the information on the registration card. If at any point you are unable to submit the application or have additional questions, call Virginia Rhodes in the Purdue Calumet graduate office at (219) 989-2326.
- Tuition: Students will pay $864.60 for a 3-hour class, $576.40 for a two-hour class, and $288.20 for a 1-hour class.
All checks are made payable to Purdue University Calumet.
Registration for Courses
If you have never taken classes at PUC before, you will NOT be able to register via the Internet as noted below. Also, in some cases, there are stops on courses that prevent any student from self-registering. In either case, an advisor must register you, so contact them via email, phone, or in person.
Online Registration: Purdue Calumet has an online student information and registration system known as PCStar. This can be accessed through any web browser with your student identification number (PUID), received with your application materials upon successful admission or obtainable from the Graduate Office secretary) and your six digit birthdate. To access PCStar, please go to the following website: https://banwebf.purduecal.edu/pls/proddad/twbkwbis.P_GenMenu?name=homepage. The link to PCStar can also be found throughout the Purdue Calumet site at http://www.purduecal.edu. If you encounter trouble with logging on or with registration for courses, please contact Virginia Rhodes in the Graduate Studies Office at 989-2326. However, again, it is important to note that if you have NEVER registered for a course at Purdue Calumet before, you will NOT be able to self-register through PCStar.
For more information on all License Renewal options, please contact:
Helen Siukola Jancich
Purdue University Calumet
2200 169th St. ANNX-150
Hammond, IN 46323