Coursework Available for License Renewal
Purdue Calumet allows educators currently holding a valid Indiana Teacher’s License (at present, those holding limited licenses cannot renew in the same manner) to acquire needed academic credits in several different ways:
- Develop and teach a 15-hour, project-based workshop or instructional session for other teachers or administrator at your own school district (Pass/No Pass Option);
- Take a one, two, or three-credit hour, online or person-to-personcourse listed on the outreach course list located on the side bar;
- Take a three-credit hour, semester long course with qualified, friendly, and helpful Graduate Studies faculty.
Students wishing to learn more about teaching, learning, technology, and other topics can take short modules that are worth 1 to 3 hours of graduate credit. Each hour of credit is equal to about 15 clock hours of work, and every semester we offer over 40 different classes, giving you many options to choose from, including distance learning, hybrid, and intensive workshop-based courses. The modules we offer are typically offered on a Pass/No Pass basis, and do not qualify toward credit for any Purdue Calumet graduate degree.
Our Current Partner Schools and Districts:
- Northwest Indiana Education Service Center
- Wabash Valley Education Service Center
- Southern Indiana Education Center
- West Central Indiana Education Service Center
- East Central Education Service Center
- Wilson Education Center
- Central Indiana Service Center
- Northern Indiana Service Center
- Region 8 Education Service Center
- St. Joseph School (Decatur)
- Smekens Education Solutions, Inc.
Upcoming available EDCI 58900/59000 Courses are listed on the available course list(s) found in the left-hand menu of this site. You may also find out more about the current class schedule .
For more information about taking part in license renewal course or creating your own module to be offered at your school, please contact:
For scheduling, application, and registration information, please click the link above to learn how to apply. Questions about the registration process should be directed to Virginia Rhodes, Graduate Studies department secretary, at 219-989-2326, or by email at email@example.com.