Purdue Calumet’s College of Education is the largest in the region, graduating more teachers, principals, and school counselors than any program in Northern Indiana.
Our College of Education and programs are accredited by the State of Indiana, and nationally accredited through the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
NCATE Accreditation Review
November 15-17, 2015
The College of Education at Purdue University Calumet is scheduled for a Fall 2015 accreditation review by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). Federal regulations require that accrediting agencies allow for public comment on the qualifications of institutions or programs under consideration for first accreditation or continuing accreditation.
Both NCATE and Purdue University Calumet recognize graduates, parents, schools and community organizations have valuable perspectives on the quality of the programs that prepare teachers and other school personnel. We invite interested parties to submit written testimony on the College of Education to:
Board of Examiners
1140 19th Street NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20036
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments must address substantive matters related to the quality of professional education programs offered at Purdue University Calumet, and should specify the respondent’s relationship, if any, to the institution (i.e., graduate, present or former faculty member, employer of graduates). Copies of all correspondence received will be sent to Purdue University Calumet for comment prior to the review. No anonymous testimony will be considered.
Letter of comment should be received no later than September 1, 2015.
Fall Semester 2014 Notes
- Read about the College of Education’s recent experience with the NCTQ report at the Gary Post-Tribune
- Don’t forget to register for the fall semester! Contact your advisor today!
The College of Education is an NCATE accredited school offering degree and licensure programs in Education at the undergraduate and graduate level.
The mission of Purdue University Calumet’s College of Education, in collaboration with other professional educators and agencies, is to prepare and support education professionals and related specialists who:
- apply the appropriate knowledge, dispositions, and performances in developing diverse approaches to educational strategies that are constructive, consistent and reflective of sound practice;
- are prepared to use current research, knowledge, and technology to empower the people they serve;
- are sensitive and responsive to the unique needs of themselves, of others, and of the diverse society in which they practice;
- are advocates for and models of quality education and lifelong learning.