Xiaoli (Lucy) Yang
Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Purdue University Calumet
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
2200 169th Street Hammond, IN 46323-2094
- M.A.Sc in Systems and Computer Engineering, Carleton University, Canada
- Ph.D in Electrical Engineering, China University of Mining and Technology (Beijing)
- 2009 – date Associate Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue University Calumet, U.S.A.
- 2005 – 2009 Assistant Professor Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue University Calumet, U.S.A.
- 2003 – 2005 Assistant Professor Electrical/Software Engineering, Lakehead University, Canada
- 2002 – 2003 Postdoctoral fellow, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of Ottawa
- Interactive and Immersive Virtual Reality and Applications
- Visualization and Modeling
- Software Tools for Engineers
- Programming for Engineers
- Elementary Engineering Design
- Object Oriented Programming
- Computer Graphics
- Applications with Java
- Software Engineering
- Yang X., G. Rong, C. Tseng, “Visualizing Homologous Recombination with Interactive Computer Program” International Journal of Information Acquisition (IJIA), in press.
- Yang X., Wei Wu, Charles Tseng, “Algorithms for Modeling Structural Changes in Human Chromosomes”, Elsevier Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, in press.
- Wu W., X. Yang, C. Tseng, “Simulation of Human Abnormal Chromosomes: An Innovative Tool for Teaching”, in 2011 International Conference on Control, Automation and Systems Engineering (CASE), p. 1-4, Singapore, July 30-31, 2011.
- Yang X., G. Rong, C. Tseng, “Modeling of DNA Replication”, in The 2011 International Conference on Modeling, Simulation and Visualization Methods, p.146-149, Las Vegas, July 18-21, 2011.
- Wu W., X. Yang, C. Tseng, “Effective Alogorithms for Altering Human Chromosome Shapes”, in The 2011 International Conference on Modeling, Simulation and Visualization Methods, p. 257-261, Las Vegas, July 18-21, 2011.
- Yang X., D. Wen, X. Wu, Z. Zhao, J. Lacny and C. Tseng, “A Comprehensive Cytogenetics Tutorial Program, Encompassing Changeable G-band Resolutions”, Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, July 2010/Volume 99/Number 1/ISSN 0169-2607. The article was published online in January 2010.
- Yang X., R. Ge, C. Tseng, “Visualizing Genetic Recombination with Interactive Computer Program”, The 2nd IEEE/IET International Conference on Audio, Language, and Image Processing (ICALIP 2010), p. 826 – 830, Shanghai, China, November 23-25, 2010.
- Yang X., W. Wu, D. Wen, B. Chen, J. Lacny and C. Tseng, “Virtual Chromosome Modeling for Learning Human Cytogenetics”, The 8th IEEE International Conference on Control & Automation (ICCA10), p. 910-913, Xiamen, China, June 9-11 2010.
- Yang X., R. Ge, Y.Yang, H. Shen, Y. L and C. Tseng, “Interactive Computer Program for Learning the Genetic Principles of Segregation and Independent Assortment through Meiosis”, The 31st Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC 2009), p. 5842-5845, Minneapolis, September 2-6, 2009.
- Yang, X., Z. Zhao, D. Wen, X. Wu, Y. Cui, Y. Zhao, X. Cao, J. Lacny and C. Tseng, “Virtual Reality Based Human Chromosome Learning Program,” ISAST Transactions on Electronics and Signal Processing (International Society for Advanced Science and Technology).2(3): 41-50, 2008. (ISSN 1797-2329).
- Yang, X. and Y. K. Kim “Hand Manipulation Training in Haptic Virtual Environments,” International Journal of Information Acquisition (IJIA). 5(3): 269-281, 2008.