Content status: Outdated
Through individual, collaborative relationships with Academic Advisors, students are best able to define and implement coherent educational plans that are consistent with their personal values, goals and career plans. Academic Advisors at Purdue University Calumet strive to help students:
- clarify their life and career goals,
- assess individual academic abilities
- develop suitable educational plans,
- select appropriate courses and complementary educational experiences,
- interpret institutional requirements,
- enhance their awareness of available educational resources (such as internship opportunities, honors, and tutoring programs),
- evaluate their progress toward established goals,
- assist them in completing degree requirements in a timely manner,
- seek out and use support services in the institution and the community.
All new students must attend New Student Orientation. At New Student Orientation, the freshman advisor will explain the procedure for registration and the student will register for classes.
After completing typical freshman classes, students will be directed to a faculty advisor.
Transfer students will also have to see the freshman advisor for an initial evaluation of their transcripts and may be directed to a faculty advisor.
New graduate students will be assigned a faculty advisor based on research or study interests indicated in the applicant’s statement of purpose.
Advising for Freshmen and Transfer Students
|Mr. Bill Baginski
|Freshman and Transfer Students
in all engineering programs
Advising for Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors
|Dr. Ed Pierson