Welcome to the Dean of Students Webpage. It is our sincere wish that you understand the policies and procedures of the Office of the Dean of Students (ODOS). Understanding these policies and procedures can help navigate the Purdue Calumet system successfully. We promote responsibility, accepting consequences of behavior and encourage honesty, integrity, and respect for self and others. Also, on the ODOS website are other important policies that will help students answer their questions and solve their problems.
The ODOS is committed to:
- Working collaboratively with students, faculty, and staff to create an ethical and safe environment in which scholarship may flourish
- Promoting good citizenship among students and administer conduct standards in a fair, respectful, and equitable manner
- Disseminating and interpreting University regulations and standards to students, faculty, staff, parents, and the general community
- Promoting compliance with the spirit and intent of the Bill of Students Rights and University Code of Conduct
- Serving as a resource and information agency for students, faculty, staff, parents and others concerning student rights and standards
- Guiding students toward a greater sense of personal responsibility and mature and ethical behavior that enhances the quality of the University and community environment
- Providing guidance and educational experiences to assist students in making appropriate choices concerning behavior
- Encouraging students to understand the consequences of the decisions they make and the actions they take in an attempt to help their holistic development for good citizenry.
To keep these commitments, we have a staff of professionals who pledge to serve you to their fullest: Interim Dean of Students – Gloria Roldan, Student Liaison and Readmit Specialist – Jennie Pruitt, Student Conduct Administrator – Sara Ash, and Student Affairs Generalist and Assistant – Stacie Reardon. Any of the staff can assist you.
We sincerely hope your experience at Purdue Calumet is a good one.
Sarah E. Howard, Ed.D., L.P.C.
Interim Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs