CSSAC Vision Statement
“To build a community environment for Clerical and Service Staff.”
- To provide members of the clerical and service staff with a means of representation through suggestions and advice in the formation or change of policies affecting conditions of employment.
- To provide an effective means of communication between the clerical and service staff and the University administration.
- To act in an advisory capacity and make recommendations to the University Administration, which has the responsibility for planning and recommending policies concerning Human Resources and staff benefits.
What Has CSSAC Done for Me?
Some major accomplishments initiated by the system wide CSSAC organization in conjunction with the regional campuses are:
- Establishment of a personal holiday.
- Extension of group medical and life insurance coverage for employees who retire early.
- Adoption of the Sick Leave Conversion Plan for official retirees.
- Establishment of the two-tier premium payment plan for medical insurance.
- Reduction of the number of years of service needed to accrue four weeks of vacation.
- Creation of CSSAC Scholarships awarded to Purdue University Calumet clerical and service staff employees and staff children who attend classes at Purdue University Calumet.
- Establishment of the Clerical and Service Staff Employee of the Year Awards at Purdue University Calumet.
- Establishment of the Annual Service Recognition Luncheon at Purdue University Calumet.
- Recognition of Clerical and Service employees with five years of service at Purdue University Calumet.
This is only a partial list of CSSAC accomplishments. And remember, CSSAC’s accomplishments are really yours, because without input from co-workers, CSSAC could not function.
Share your questions, comments or concerns with CSSAC.