Advisory English Placement Test Result
Purdue Calumet has partnered with Ivy Tech Community College to provide developmental coursework for students needing brush up in math or English. You placed into the ZIVY ENL025, Intro to Writing, either through the English Placement test or your high school English grades. However, this course is no longer offered on the Purdue Calumet campus due to insufficient enrollment.
You have two options since you need this class to continue on in the English Composition sequence:
- Take English 025 at your local Ivy Tech College campus, or
- Take the English Placement test to see if you can place into a higher English class (f you have not taken the test already).
If you wish to take the ENGLISH 025 course at your local Ivy Tech campus, you will need to do the following:
- Complete a Guest Student Application form (available online at http://www.ivytech.edu/guest-student.html - link opens in a new window)
- Locate the course number for the English 025 you wish to take in the online class schedule for the Ivy Tech campus you would like to attend,
- Have your PUC advisor sign the form and then take it to the local Ivy Tech campus for processing, and
- Follow Ivy Tech’s fee structure and payment deadlines. Ivy Tech will mail you a statement. Payment in full to Ivy Tech is the responsibility of the student. Failure to settle your financial obligations will result in Ivy Tech withdrawing you from the course. Questions regarding payment deadlines and account balances should be directed to the Business Office of the campus you choose to attend. If you use the Gary campus, their contact information is:
IVY Tech Community College
1440 E. 35th Avenue
Gary, IN 46409
Phone: (219) 981-4413
After you have completed the course and earned a grade, request an Ivy Tech transcript to be sent to the Purdue Calumet Admissions Office.
If you wish to take the English Placement Test:
Stop by the Center for Student Achievement in Lawshe 122 to pick up a testing pass. Placement testing is available in Lawshe 118 on a walk-in basis. Vist the Testing Services Center (link opens in this window) for testing information and hours.