Center for Student Achievement (CSA)
The Center for Student Achievement (CSA) is devoted to helping students realize their academic and career goals through Academic Advising in Lawshe 122 and academic support in the Academic Resource Center in Gyte 102.
Academic Advisors assist a variety of full and part-time students:
- Students who have not yet declared a major
- Students who have not met Purdue Calumet’s admission requirements or deadline dates for the major of their choice
- Academic probationary students
- Non-degree seeking (temporary students) and adult learners
- High school Rule 10 students
Prospective students are always welcome for pre-admission advising.
The Academic Resource Center focuses on retaining and helping students succeed in college.
Their services include:
Faculty-recommended tutors and S.I. Leaders provide Supplemental Instruction in approximately 60 different courses every semester and free tutoring in most major subject areas. Sessions are engaging and help reinforce course content.
Other services provided by the Center for Student Achievement include:
- Block schedules of core classes for first-semester freshmen and weekly portal communications in myPUC focusing on study skill tips as well as general campus announcements,
- One Book / One University common reading program;
- Academic Recovery Program for students on academic probation; and
- Online resources on topics such as time management, how to choose a major, study skills, and much more.