- The relationship between partners is characterized by mutual trust, respect, genuineness, and commitment.
- The partnership builds upon identified strengths and assets, but also addresses areas that need improvement.
- The partnership balances power among partners and enables resources among partners to be shared.
- There is clear, open, and accessible communication between partners, making it an ongoing priority to listed to each need, develop a common language, and validate/clarify the meaning of terms.
- Roles, norms, and processes for the partnership are established with the input and agreement of all partners.
- There is feedback to, among, and from all stakeholders in the partnership, with the goal of continuously improving the partnership and its outcomes.
- Partners share the credit for the partnership’s accomplishments.
- Partnerships take time to develop and evolve over time.
Principles of Good Partnerships
Gyte, Room 71
2200 169th Street
Hammond, IN 46323
1-800 HI-PURDUE, x.8350
Locally within Indiana & Illinois