Project Duration: May 16 –September 15, 2012
Personnel: Project Director, PI
Project Title: REMOTE DEMONSTRATION OF PACKAGING MACHINERY SYSTEM VIA PUBLIC NETWORK
To design a system using commonly available hardware and software that works through the public network system. This system can be used by ARPAC to demonstrate their products located at ARPAC premises to their customer at a distant location. Using this system, ARPAC personnel can access their own production floor at ARPAC premises and operate the main functions of the machine for real time demonstration.
Project Goals and Objectives
1) Provide a complete design of the system with necessary software and hardware sources and specifications.
2) This communication system will work through the public network (internet) and will not be affected by firewalls.
3) This solution will work with Microsoft Windows based operating systems only.
4) This design can also facilitate real time video and audio of the machines being demonstrated.
5) Figure 1 shows the general setup of the communication network that will be implemented through this ARPAC project.
Figure 1: Proposed Communication Network for Remotely Controlling and Demonstrating Packaging Machinery Systems
Filed under Current Projects.