An introduction to the characteristics of power semi-conductor devices such as diode rectifiers, thyristors, and power transistors will be given. The communication techniques, controlled rectifiers, ac voltage controllers, choppers, inverters, and motor drives will be studied.
The purpose of this course is to provide the student with the fundamental principles and concepts of power electronics. After successfully completing this course, the student should be able to:
- Identify the basic components of power electronic circuits. (ABET Criteria 3, a & b)
- Analyze uncontrolled rectifier circuits. (ABET Criteria 3, a & b)
- Understand power transfer and power consumption of controlled rectifiers. (ABET Criteria 3, a, b &c)
- Understand controlled power converters. (ABET Criteria 3, a, b & c)
- Understand motor controller. (ABET Criteria 3, a, b & c)
- Perform phasor diagram techniques. (ABET Criteria 3, a, b & c)
Filed under General News.