To be the premier resource center for the packaging machinery industry through a mutually beneficial partnership between the industry and Purdue University Calumet’s College of Technology (COT).
The center will address the needs of the packaging machinery industry and the Mechatronics Engineering Technology program through learning, engagement, and discovery activities.
- Provide technology solutions to the packaging machinery industry through sponsored projects
- Provide education and training to packaging machinery industry professionals
- Provide experiential learning opportunity to Purdue University Calumet’s students
- Provide an avenue for all interested faculty members to pursue collaborative efforts in grantsmanship and scholarly work
- Provide professional development opportunity to faculty members
- Engage faculty and students in industry projects related to the packaging machinery industry
- Be a national training facility for the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) products used in the packaging machinery Industry
- Be a depository for case studies related to packaging machinery Industry products and processes
- Establish program criteria for Mechatronics Engineering Technology-related educational programs