Student Academic Support is staffed with over 40 faculty recommended student tutors who have demonstrated proficiency in the courses they tutor. Tutors must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or higher in their subject area.
- Open Lab Tutoring is Free for all Purdue Students
- No Appointment Necessary – Just Check the Schedule(s) and Show Up
- Peer-assisted, small group tutoring
- Sessions are very interactive, and tutors will lead you in doing your own work
- Tutors will help you structure your work, discover your learning style, and become an independent, confident learner
What NOT to expect in Open Lab Tutoring sessions:
- Tutors will not do your work for you. They will not write, edit, or proofread your papers, and they will not give you answers, but will help you find your own answers.
- Tutors will not re-teach the course material. You must attend class, do the assigned reading, and take notes to receive tutoring.
- Tutors will not be available only for study sessions before exams. You are expected to meet with your tutor on a regular basis throughout the semester.
- Phase-In (First 2 Weeks of Classes) Tutoring Schedule
- Math Tutoring Schedule
- Science Tutoring Schedule
- Foreign Language Tutoring Schedule
- Other Subjects Tutoring Schedule
- Final Exam Week Tutoring Schedule – (Coming April 2015)
- Maymester Tutoring Schedule – (Coming April 2015)
- Summer Semester Tutoring Schedule – (Coming May 2015)
Tutoring Center Hours of Operation:
Fall & Spring Semester: