Detailed Instructions for Small Group Advising
HELLO CLAS STUDENT,
This message is from the Purdue Calumet Center for Learning and Academic Success (CLAS).
A registration hold, called (AH), has been placed on your account. This hold will be released ONLY after you have attended a small group advisement session conducted by the Center for Learning and Academic Success (CLAS).
To Sign up for a Small Group Advising Session
- Go to the Purdue Calumet Home Page.
- Enter Student Workshops in the search box at the top.
- Click on Student Success Workshops.
- Choose the day and time that works for you, and sign up!
To prepare for your workshop you need to do two things; bring a copy of your Plan of Study. You can print your Plan of Study from the Plans of Study link below Student Success Workshops. Also bring a list of the courses you want to take next semester.
If you are considering more than one Major you can print and bring with you more than one plan of study. Remember to have a list of possible courses for next semester for each one.
We also urge you to print a Degree Works “What if” report for each Plan of Study if possible. To do that, follow these steps:
- Log in to myPUC
- Select Enrollment Services/PC Star
- Click on Access Your Personal Student Records
- Click on the Student Services and Financial Aid link
- Click on Degree Works link
- Click Continue
- Click on the WHAT IF link on the left side
- Click preferred academic major
- Click Preferred academic minor
- Go to the grey box above where it says Process What IF to see what your degree progress would look like, if you were to declare the major and minor selected
Once again :
- You MUST attend a small group advisement session to have your hold removed. If the hold is not removed you will NOT be able to register for classes.
- You must bring your PLAN OF STUDY(s) and list of classes for next semester, to your session in order to participate.
We look forward to seeing you soon!