Supplemental Instruction Leader Job Description:
Supplemental Instruction Leaders (SIL) are responsible for facilitating a minimum of three hours of peer assisted SI study sessions per week in his or her assigned academic subject. SIL’s attend all lectures for their assigned class, take notes, work through all homework assignments as well as plan and facilitate interactive SI sessions to assist students with course material.
S.I. Leader Responsibilities:
- Facilitate a minimum of three hours of peer assisted SI study sessions per week in your assigned academic subject
- Attend lectures for your assigned class, take notes, work through all homework assignments
- Plan and facilitate interactive SI sessions
- Communicate frequently with faculty member and SI supervisor
- Collect and maintain data
- Attend Training Workshops and SI meetings
- Have strong communication skills and enjoy working with people
What do I need to be an S.I. Leader?
- Be a student who has previously taken specific course and have received a minimum of a B average in the course
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Have a professor’s letter of recommendation
- Have excellent social and communication skills
- Completed application
- Copy of resume
- Class schedule
Tutor Job Description:
Demonstrate proficiency in subject area by leading tutoring/study sessions in a small group setting. Effectively communicate acquired knowledge, ideas, or concepts. Must possess the ability to handle or be open to a variety of learning styles.
- Attend training sessions and scheduled meeting
- Submit monthly attendance log sheets
- Be punctual
- Exhibit patience and courtesy when tutoring
- Observe academic honesty policies (cannot assist with take home exams or directly do homework for a student)
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong social, written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge in a particular subject area
- Commitment to being on time
- Tutors understand and accept diversity
- GPA: 3.0 in tutoring subject, 2.75 cumulative
Please download and fill out the application. You may email it to email@example.com or return it in person to Gyte 102.