Rule 10 High School Students
Students taking courses at Purdue Calumet while in high school are advised through the Center for Learning and Academic Success. It is important that you follow the steps below before meeting with an advisor.
- Complete a Rule 10 application every semester. Approval is for one semester of admission only. Students must submit a new Rule 10 application and required documents for admission to enroll in any subsequent semester.
- Rule 10 High School Enrollment Application (link opens a PDF in this window)
- Once you have been accepted as a Rule 10 student, contact the Center for Learning and Academic Success (219-989-2339) to schedule an appointment with an Academic Advisor.
- Prior to meeting with your Academic Advisor, review the Course List guide and research the courses that are offered at Purdue Calumet for that semester. You should also make an appointment to meet with your High School Guidance Counselor to discuss your plan.
- Course List Descriptions (link opens a PDF in this window)
- If you are planning on taking a math course or a course that has a math course as a prerequisite, you must take the Math Placement Test prior to meeting with your advisor. For the most up to date testing hours, please visit the Testing Center’s website. Make sure to look over your math textbooks and study guides before taking the placement test.
- Placement Testing (link opens in this window)
- Arrive at your advising appointment on time, prepared, and with a copy of your most up to date high school transcripts. During your advising appointment, your Academic Advisor will be able to answer all of your questions and help you register for classes.
- Once you are registered for your course(s) make sure to pay your tuition and fees on time, purchase the necessary books for that course, and be there the first day of class.
- If you wish to take another course the following semester, start from Step 1 again.