CIVS provides a stimulating environment for supporting research and education activities listed below.
Research activities are interdisciplinary in nature with collaborations across departments, universities, and countries. The following are initial major research activities:
- Integration of virtual reality with simulation technologies and high performance computing
- Application of simulation and visualization technologies to industrial processes for process/product design, trouble-shooting and optimization to address the issues of productivity, energy, environment, and quality (PEEQ).
- Application of simulation and visualization technologies to business, healthcare, liberal arts, and science
- Development of advanced learning environments in virtual reality for training and education
The initial education activities include the following:
- Train students with real-world research projects through senior design, undergraduate research, graduate independent studies, as well as Master and PhD Thesis research
- Offer seminars, workshops, and short courses
- Conduct Open Houses for K-12 students
- Support the development of a Master degree program in Modeling, Simulation, and Visualization