CIVS Director Chenn Zhou, Research Engineer Bin Wu, and Postdoctoral Researcher Armin Silaen were part of a team awarded the 2014 International Thermoelectric Society Outstanding Poster Award for their project titled Cost effective topping thermoelectric power generation on coal fired power plants at the 33rd International Conference on Thermoelectrics on July 6-10, 2014 in Nashville, Tennessee.
The poster was one of over 300 posters presented. The team consisted of Kazuaki Yazawa, Armin K Silaen, Bin Wu, Chenn Quan Zhou, and Ali Shakouri.
The International Thermoelectric Society is a non-profit, incorporated, professional society organized:
- TO PROMOTE an understanding of the role thermoelectric technology may play in environmental impact and mitigating global climate change;
- TO PROMOTE the advancement of the thermoelectric industry, science and engineering;
- TO PROMOTE collection and exchange of information and education which will benefit the thermoelectric community;
- TO PROMOTE systemization of measurements to and in comparison of materials and devices;
- TO PROMOTE awareness of the larger community to thermoelectric issues
and solicit wider involvement;
- TO PROMOTE various forums of exchange of information and achievements;
- TO PROMOTE a mechanism for coordinating and promoting conferences;
and, other charitable activities associated with these goals.
More information on the society can be found on their website: www.its.org