The following are the Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s) for the Baccalaureate Degree in Computer Graphics Technology (CGT):
Program Educational Objective 1:
- The program will produce graduates that are primed for successful careers in the disciplines associated with or related to computer graphics technology.
Program Educational Objective 2:
- The program will produce graduates that will understand the overall human context in which computer graphics technology activities take place.
Program Educational Objective 3:
- The program will produce graduates that will develop conceptual principles, processes, and techniques essential to all areas of computer graphics and digital media production.
Program Educational Objective 4:
- The program will produce graduates that will work and interact, through hands-on experiences, to design, develop, produce, and edit electronically generated imagery using a wide range of sophisticated graphical tools and techniques.
Program Educational Objective 5:
- The program will produce graduates that are capable of working within a team framework to accomplish a common computer graphics goal and communicate with a range of audiences.
Program Educational Objective 6:
- The program will produce graduates that are life-long learners who engage within communities for which Computer Graphics can serve.
Program Educational Objective 7:
- The program will produce graduates that are computer graphics technologists with applied research, critical thinking, and problem solving skills in the evolving field of computer graphics.
The Computer Graphics Technology Bachelor of Science program is designed to prepare students for employment as graphics technicians. Students work in computer labs developing their graphics skills, techniques, concepts, and management ability through individual and team-based projects. Graduates of this program work as graphics practitioners to produce engineering drawings, technical manuals, multimedia products, technical illustrations, and web pages.
The courses in the curriculum develop skills and knowledge critical to all areas of computer graphics specialization. They embrace the teaching of ten (10) core behaviors including:
- Geometric Modeling
- Problem Solving
- Applying Technology
- Graphic Designing
- Computer Programming
- Appreciating Profession
Plan of Study: