By THOMAS L. KEON
An effective, sustainable enrollment management plan that accentuates the needs and nature of our changing Purdue Calumet is among our highest university priorities.
When Vice Chancellor of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs Carmen Panlilio joined our staff this summer, she came with experience, a vision and ideas for increasing and sustaining the student body of a regional university adapting to change.
One of the priorities we have addressed is that of identifying and communicating important components of the Purdue University Calumet message we want current and prospective students to understand and value. Following are those components:
- Our graduates earn a Purdue degree. — They earn the same, world-respected Purdue baccalaureate and master’s degrees awarded throughout the Purdue University system and positively influencing the world. Not only that, but the Purdue education offered on our campus is distinguished by experiential learning, the integration of traditional and real world learning that produces enlightenment, discovery and experience.
- The education our students obtain offers value and affordability. — We provide a Purdue education at one of the least expensive tuition rates in Indiana. That education leads to a job that pays a competitive salary and enables a quality lifestyle. For such return on investment, Purdue Calumet has been ranked No. 2 in Indiana by The College Database. We also have an impressive track record of graduates who go on to successfully further their education in master’s and doctoral programs.
- Location…location…amazing location… — Only at Purdue Calumet can students gain a Purdue education within half an hour of the rich culture and cosmopolitan appeal of Chicago, as well as the natural beauty and fascination of Lake Michigan, its Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore area and more.
- We offer a campus of opportunities. — Purdue Calumet is both big enough and small enough to make any student feel comfortable. Access to faculty, scores of student organizations, a thriving athletics program, a variety of facilities and experience-rich ways to grow personally and professionally make our campus a gratifying launching pad to success.
- Student centeredness — Proactively, we are committed to partnering with students to help them grow, develop, achieve goals and succeed—on campus and, ultimately, beyond. All our students should feel at home and comfortable knowing they are surrounded by faculty and staff who can and will help them realize their objective to graduate.
I encourage you to share our message with those academically-committed, ambitious and persistent potential students who would be a good fit for Purdue Calumet.
Thomas L. Keon,
Posted by Robert Peterson, Friday, September 27th, 2013 - 9:15 am.
Filed under: Chancellor’s Message