Table of Contents
The Department of Communication and Creative Arts, at Purdue University Calumet, proudly offers exciting internship opportunities for their students.
- You must be a C/CA Junior or Senior.
- You must be in good academic standing, which includes having a GPA in your option (plan of study) core courses of 3.0 or higher.
- You must have completed at least six upper level credit hours (2 courses) of course work in your plan of study.
- Before initiating the internship process, a student must have the approval of the Faculty Internship Coordinator.
- Students are ultimately responsible for securing their own internship, which should be aligned with their area of study.
- Before enrolling in the course, and with the Faculty Internship Coordinator’s permission, students are required to schedule an interview with the prospective internship agency/organization.
- For a 3-credit internship course, students are required to work 10-15 hours per week for approximately 12 weeks.
- Interns are required to conduct themselves in a professional manner and follow the sponsoring agency’s rules and regulations.
- If any problems or issues arise during the internship, the student should immediately contact the Faculty Internship Coordinator for assistance.
To get started, please review this website and contact the C/CA Internship Coordinator:
Professor Theresa Carilli, Ph.D.
Phone: (219) 989-2628
Office: Porter 116-C
The key to successfully securing a quality internship is early planning.