The Department of Communication and Creative Arts, at Purdue University Calumet, proudly offers exciting internship opportunities for their students.
- You must be a C/CA Junior or Senior.
- You must be in good academic standing, which includes having a GPA in your option (plan of study) core courses of 3.0 or higher.
- You must have completed at least six upper level credit hours (2 courses) of course work in your plan of study.
- Before initiating the internship process, a student must have the approval of the Faculty Internship Coordinator.
- Students are ultimately responsible for securing their own internship, which should be aligned with their area of study.
- Before enrolling in the course, and with the Faculty Internship Coordinator’s permission, students are required to schedule an interview with the prospective internship agency/organization.
- For a 3-credit internship course, students are required to work 10-15 hours per week for approximately 12 weeks.
- Interns are required to conduct themselves in a professional manner and follow the sponsoring agency’s rules and regulations.
- If any problems or issues arise during the internship, the student should immediately contact the Faculty Internship Coordinator for assistance.
- Fill out the internship application.
- After sending the application to Theresa Carilli and receiving her approval, contact Lana Bilyk in Advising and enroll in Com 49000.
- At the end of the internship, write a 4-5 page paper describing your experience as intern. Include your duties, what you learned, the value of your internship and if you would recommend this organization to another student.
To get started, please review this website and contact the C/CA Internship Coordinator:
Professor Theresa Carilli, Ph.D.
Phone: (219) 989-2628
Office: Porter 116-C
The key to successfully securing a quality internship is early planning.