Expert advice for anyone considering going abroad to study, volunteer, intern, teach, travel or work! Living abroad can be inspiring, challenging and even life-changing. Knowing what to expect is your key to success – and The BIG Guide Online shows first-year students as well as graduates how to build their credentials and prepare for work in the global economy. Discover opportunities, acquire skills and develop the all-important global perspective with this easy-to-use interactive online guide and toolkit. This service paid for by Career Services.
Click here to register for free access to The BIG Guide Online and start building your global career skills today!
How The BIG Guide Online is organized:
- 43 Chapters in Five Parts: PART ONE: Your International IQ, PART TWO: Acquiring International Experience, PART THREE: The International Job Search, PART FOUR: The Professions, PART FIVE: International Career Directories. 840 Resources in 67 topical bibliographies. 17 Databases profiling International Employers.
- Features: Individual User Accounts, Private Notes, Yellow Highlighting, Bookmarks, Advanced Search, Reader Contributions (publish your articles instantly) and Reader Comments.
- Tools: Quick Guides, Ask the Expert, Career Tip Blog, Quick Tip Videos, Go Abroad Videos, The World Online, Student Advisor Tools, International IQ Quiz, International Experience Quiz, Score Cards, Action Plans, Career Plan Schematics.
- My Guide: My Learning Path, My Bookmarks, My Notes, My Inventory of International Skills & My Scorecard, My School, My School Network to help you find new internationally-focused friends at your school.
Instant access to sample Quick Guides found in The BIG Guide Online:
- Your International IQ
- 24 Ways to Help You Go International
- Debunking the Myths About How Young Professionals Find International Jobs
- 10 Easy Ways for Freshman to Build International Skills
Back to the Career Services home page.