The Center for Career Opportunities (CCO) is located at Purdue University’s main campus in West Lafayette, Indiana. Much like our own The Career Center office here at Purdue Calumet, CCO “engages Purdue University students and alumni in exploring career options and developing effective job search skills. The CCO facilitates activities that connect students and alumni with employers and develops partnerships with Purdue colleges, schools and other stakeholders to deliver career services” (CCO Website).
CCO has partnered with The Career Center at Purdue Calumet to provide access to their online job database, MyCCO. MyCCO is similar to CareerTrax in that it offers many of the same features, including creating a profile, posting your resume, searching for jobs, and viewing information about upcoming workshops and interview sessions; however, MyCCO lists many more upper-level employment opportunities, such as positions within Fortune 500 companies. MyCCOis available only to current Purdue students and alumni (all campuses).
To Register for MyCCO you will need to complete the following steps:
- Login to www.cco.purdue.edu
- Click on the MyCCO icon.
- Enter your PU-ID as both user-name and password (first time only)*
- Read participation agreement and click “I AGREE TO TERMS”
- Complete ALL required fields of the profile
- In the privacy section, answer “YES” to receive emails about employment opportunities and career related programs and “YES” to be included in resume books and then click “SUBMIT”
* NOTE: Enter the first 1-0 digits from your PU-ID number without spaces or dashes as both the USERNAME and PASSWORD the first time you log in to myCCO. See example below:
Your PU-ID will always be your username to log in to myCCO. Once you have completed your myCCO profile, the system will send an email with your “NEW” password.
Getting Started using MyCCO
You are not fully registered until you upload a resume. Follow the steps below to upload your document.
- Click Resumes ETC on Top Navigation Bar
- Select “Add New”
- Give your document a professional title
- Upload up to 10 resumes
Referring your resume and applying for jobs:
- Select “JOBS and ON-CAMPUS INTERVIEWS” in top navigation bar
- Click “MyCCO OCR & JOB LISTINGS”
- Click “SHOW ME” and make selection
- Click “POSITION TYPE” and make selection
- Use only one of the following: Industry, Job, Function OR Keyword > Click Search
- Click on Job Title > Read description
- To submit resume, follow the directions in the “APPLICATION STATUS”
You can also:
- Check on designated dates to see if you were preselected for on-campus interview
- Click on “My On-Campus Applications” to check status and schedule interviews
Additional MyCCO Resources:
- Screen Shots: View a series of screen shots that will be helpful to you during your initial set-up of MyCCO.
- CCO has a specific policy for missed and cancelled interviews. Please review this policy before scheduling any interviews through MyCCO.
- Job Search Agents email you when new jobs matching your criteria are posted in CCO Express. To Create a Job Search Agent follow the following steps:
- Click “JOBS & ON-CAMPUS INTERVIEWS”
- Click “MyCCO OCR & JOB LISTINGS”
- Click “ADVANCED SEARCH”
- In the “SAVE AS BOX” name your job search
- Use the Show Me drop down > Select “All Jobs & Interviews,” “All Interviews” or “All Job Listings”
- Select Major and Degree for On-Campus OR Select Keyword and Industry for Job Listings
- Click “SUBMIT”
- Go to “SEARCH AGENT” tab and Schedule your agent
If you have any questions during this process, feel free to call The Career Center at (219) 989-2600 or stop in our office in SUL 349. The Center for Career Opportunities requires regional campus students that have access issues to the MyCCO system contact The Career Center.
Back to the The Career Center home page.