When considering leaving a position, care must be taken to submit your resignation in a proper and fitting way so as to maintain a positive representation of yourself with your previous employer. The following websites offer advice for submitting your resignation:
- Radin Associates–The Proper Way to Resign
- Radin Associates–How to Leave a Job Gracefully
- Radin Associates–Your Resignation: Beware the Retaliatory Strike
- Career Opportunities–The Right Way to Resign
- About.com–Writing a Resignation Letter
What happens if your current employer presents a counter offer when you are preparing to resign? CareerPerfect.com gives advice for this situation in their article, “How Should I Handle a Counter Offer from My Current Employers?”
Back to the Students page.