Whether students enter Purdue University Calumet with a declared major or in an undecided status, many will change majors at least once before a degree is granted. With so many possibilities available and a lifetime of work ahead, the Office of Career Services encourages all students to create a plan for academic and career success.
The process of choosing a major or career often begins with self-assessment. Consider taking one of the assessments below to learn more about your interests, personality, skills and abilities:
- Do What You Are – On-line assessment tool used to determine a students personality type and attitudes towards career direction
- What Can I Do With This Major? – Tool used to connect majors to careers
- Counseling Center and Career Assessment – This link will connect you to Purdue University Calumet’s Counseling Center
- Occupational Outlook Handbook – The Occupational Outlook Handbook, the government’s premier publication on career guidance, provides essential information about hundreds of occupations
- ONET – Find concise occupational information on over 950 jobs
- Informational Interviewing – Preparation and follow-up for an informational interview (created by the University of Notre Dame)
- Other Related Resources
Back to the Self Assessment, Career Exploration, and Planning page.