Volunteer Experience can provide students with unpaid work experience in a chosen field. Not only is volunteering an excellent way to gain experience but it looks great on a resume. It shows that you are willing to do what it takes, even working for free, to gain the experience needed to further yourself professionally.
Volunteer Experience Requirements
Volunteer experience has no formal requirements. However, it is an excellent way to learn about a career field as well as give back to the community.
Some volunteer work is done to fulfill class requirements. For more information about receiving credit for your volunteer experiences, please contact your academic advisor.
Listing of local volunteer agencies
- A.L.S.E. Clemente Center, INC.
- American Cancer Society
- American Red Cross – Lake County Chapter
- Bethany Child Care & Development Center
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Northwest Indiana
- Boy Scouts of America – Calumet Council
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service of NWI, INC.
- Crisis Center, INC.
- Drifting Dunes Girl Scout Council, INC.
- Everybody Counts
- Geminus Corporation – Head Start XXI of Lake and Porter Counties
- Girl Scouts of the Calumet Council
- Lake Area United Way
- Lake County Child Health Program
- Lake County Public Library
- Latin American Community Alliance for Support & Assistance
- Lutheran Social Services
- Mental Health Association in Lake County
- Northwest Family Services
- Northwest Indiana Catholic Youth Organization
- Northwest Indiana Meals-On-Wheels
- Planned Parenthood of Northwest/Northeast Indiana
- Save the Dunes Conservation Fund
- Southlake Center for Mental Health
- St. Jude House
- Tradewinds Rehabilitation Center
- Tri-City Community Mental Health Center
- Urban League of Northwest Indiana
- Valparaiso Family Y.M.C.A.
- Visiting Nurse Association of Northwest Indiana
- Volunteer Jobs
Back to the Professional Work Experiences page.