Professional Work Experience is a learning and training partnership, which serves as an employment link between industry and Purdue University Calumet. Participation in professional work experience programs provide students with hands-on, career related experience and enables an employer to assess the work competence of a student. If you are interested in one of these programs, attendance at an orientation session is required.
Benefits of Professional Work Experience
- become more marketable upon graduation
- gain experience in your chosen profession
- develop communication skills
- provide financial support
- network with prominent companies
- translate classroom learning to a professional environment
- decide if your chosen career path is right for you
Programs available for Professional Work Experience
To take advantage of these benefits, Purdue University Calumet offers the following programs:
Some departments offer academic credit for these types of experiences. For more information about obtaining credit, please contact your academic advisor.