Faculty and staff are encouraged to refer students to Career Services. We work with students at every academic level, from first year through graduate school.
Our services and resources cover a wide range of career issues including
- Helping a student identify his or her interests, skills, and values, possibly with a referral to complete an interest inventory at the Counseling Center
- Helping the student explore possible careers related to his or her major or to the student’s interests, skills, and values
- Assisting with the internship search and preparation
- Teaching resume writing, cover letter writing, and interviewing skills
- Critiquing resumes and cover letters in Resume and Cover Letter Reviews and scheduled appointments
- Conducting mock interviews in 30- to 60-minute appointments
- Helping the student identify resources for job announcements
- Helping the student learn and conduct an effective job search, including suggesting possible industries and employers related to their career goal
- Helping the student find resources that could help them to apply to graduate and professional schools
Back to the Faculty & Staff page.