Faculty and staff are encouraged to refer students to The Career Center. We work with students at every academic level, from first year through graduate school.
Our services and resources cover a wide range of career issues including
- Helping a student identify his or her interests, skills, and values, possibly with a referral to complete an interest inventory at the Counseling Center
- Helping the student explore possible careers related to his or her major or to the student’s interests, skills, and values
- Assisting with the internship search and preparation
- Teaching resume writing, cover letter writing, and interviewing skills
- Critiquing resumes and cover letters in Resume and Cover Letter Reviews and scheduled appointments
- Conducting mock interviews in 30- to 60-minute appointments
- Helping the student identify resources for job announcements
- Helping the student learn and conduct an effective job search, including suggesting possible industries and employers related to their career goal
- Helping the student find resources that could help them to apply to graduate and professional schools
Back to the Faculty & Staff page.