An Overview of Our Services
The Career Center assists students and alumni of Purdue University, regardless of their campus affiliation. We are here to support you in your professional endeavors. Below is a list of of some of the services that are offered by The Career Center:
By Appointment Only:
Drop In Career Advising:
|Career Planning||Document Review (Resume/Coverletter)|
|Using CareerTrax or Online The Career Center|
|Job & Internship Search Strategies|
|LinkedIn.com Profile Buiding||On Campus Student Employment|
Resources for Students & Alumni
CareerTrax: Our online job database has been recently updated and now offers many additional features. In addition to job postings on- and off-campus, CareerTrax offers the following features:
- On-Campus Interviewing: Students registered with CareerTrax have the first opportunity to sign up with employers for on-campus interviewing throughout the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Resume Referral: Not all employers are able to visit campus, so they request that resumes be sent to them. Registering with CareerTrax allows your resume to be sent to employers requesting your major or skill set.
- Access to hundreds of career and internship opportunities with internal tabs for MonsterTrak, Indeed.com, Internships.com, and local opportunities as well all in the same site!
- Online Career Center: Our Online Career Center offers you the best of both worlds: free online career building tools as well as their in person services! The Online Career Center offers the following features:
- Create high-impact, interactive career materials based on your career goals.
- Present your materials online — with our easy-to-use website builder — and in print, as you can download your materials in a number of formats.
- Manage an unlimited number of career documents from one central location.
- Share your credentials with your network on your own professional website and across social networking sites.
Regularly Scheduled Drop-In Career Advising Hours:
Tuesday: 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Wednesday: 9:00 am to 11:00 am
Thursday: 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Evening Session offered the every Wednesday from 4:00 pm-6:00 pm
- Mock Interviews: A mock interview is a great way to practice interviewing skills before the real thing. Interviews can be done one-on-one with a The Career Center professional or through the Online Career Center.The Online Career Center has an Interview Prep module which makes it easy to refine your interviewing skills from the comfort of your own home or office. You control all aspects of your interview practice session, including the interview type, the number of questions, your response format, and the interviewer.
- Individual Career Advising: Staff professionals are available to assist with your career exploration, planning, and searching by personal appointment or to answer general questions on a walk-in basis.
- Additional Workshops and Presentations: Throughout the year, staff members provide numerous opportunities for additional training and learning through workshops and other presentations.
- PEPS Learning Style Inventory: An online learning inventory, offered by CollegeScope, that helps you identify the kind of environment in which you prefer to work or learn.
- What Can I Do With This Major?: For each major of interest, you can choose either the PDF or HTML version of an outline of common interest areas, typical employers, and strategies designed to maximize career opportunities.
- Student Employment: Student Employment creates a one-stop shop for your on-campus employment needs. You may search online for campus employment and apply directly to job openings through CareerTrax. Our goal is to provide meaningful employment that will correlate with your educational goals while helping you connect to the campus. Here are a few of the services we offer:
- On-Campus Employment: On-campus employment includes Federal Work Study, Non-Federal Work Study, temporary positions, project work, and graduate aide positions, to name a few.
- National Student Employment Week: Each year, colleges and universities across the country recognize the importance of student work experience with National Student Employment Week. Here at PUC, we celebrate during this week by hosting a variety of events to recognize outstanding student workers.
To schedule an appointment or to speak with someone in our office, please stop in SUL 349 or call (219) 989-2600.